Professional Development Course
The Society of Tourist Guides (Singapore) or STGS was started by a group of experienced trainer guides in the year 2003 and has been working closely with Singapore Tourism Board (STB), World Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (WFTGA) and other industry partners to promote the professionalism of tourist guides as the Tourism Ambassadors of Singapore.
STGS conceptualised and conducted numerous Professional Development Courses (PDC) in both English and Mandarin to help Tourist Guides refresh and update their product knowledge and guiding skills.
Below list are STB approved PDCs are for licensed tourist guides to attend for renewal of their license and not available for public.
|Course Code||PDC Course Title||Course Language||PDC Hours|
|CRS-N-0035326||Development of Housing in Singapore||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035400||Port of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035440||Singapore Botanic Gardens: Social & Cultural Landscape||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040325||Beneath the Golden Veil – The Building History Tours of National Gallery Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040368||Law and Order - The Judiciary System & Border Security of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040452||The Geomancy Elements hidden in Singapore Skyscrapers||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040757||The Hidden Face of Tiong Bahru||English||7|
|CRS-N-0043053||Guiding Skills in Art Gallery & Museum||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0043828||Knowing Our ABC Water Features and NEWater Story||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0045383||Being Prepared In The Face of Terrorism – A Tourism Perspective||English||7|
|CRS-N-0046233||Telling the Jurong Story to Visitors||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0046234||International Sports Events Tourism||English||7|
|CRS-N-0046235||Conducting Battlefield Tours – Northwestern & Southern Route||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0047381||Buildings Tell Stories in Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0047589||Telling the Serangoon Road Story to Visitors||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0047590||Telling the Story of the Hainanese (Chinese) in Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0048418||Telling The Story Of What Goes Into The Designing Of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0048656||Hawker Culture Passion Make Possible||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0050516||Exploring Singapore's Malay Culture||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0050517||The Amazing Hakka’s Story of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0051338||The Story of Sustainable Changi - The Jewel Changi Airport||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0053184||Stories Behind Capitol Singapore, CHIJMES and Raffles Hotel||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0053406||Personal and Professional Branding||English||7|
Updated: March 2021
Terms for Funding
- Trainee MUST achieve at least 75% of the training hours. For 7 PDC, 100% training hours.
- Trainee MUST pass the assessments
- Trainee MUST provide their required information in application forms accurately. In the event information provided are incorrect resulting in STGS unable to claim, STGS reserve the rights to pursue the unclaimed amount from the trainee.
- STGS reserve the right to reject any trainee that refuse to cooperate in providing the necessary documents (if any) for verification purpose.
- Our PDCs are funded by SSG. Click here for more information about SSG funding for individual.
- Company sponsored trainee must via company cheque or account & are eligible for absentee payroll. Click here for more information
- No refund allowed 7 days prior to course start date
- We will forfeit amount paid if trainees fail to show up during course date without any valid reason via written email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do note that taking last-minute job cannot be consider as valid reason since it means depriving another trainee of the opportunity to attend the class.
- STGS reserved the rights to cancel, postpone or amend the date and time of the PDC delivery.
- Information & documents collected are meant for use for application of SSG funding & processing of STB PDC submission in TRUST only.