Professional Development Course
The Society of Tourist Guides (Singapore) or STGS was started by a group of experienced trainer guides in the year 2003 and has been working closely with Singapore Tourism Board (STB), World Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (WFTGA) and other industry partners to promote the professionalism of tourist guides as the Tourism Ambassadors of Singapore.
STGS conceptualised and conducted numerous Professional Development Courses (PDC) in both English and Mandarin to help Tourist Guides refresh and update their product knowledge and guiding skills. Currently, STGS has about 500 members who are licensed tourist guides.
|PDC Course Code||PDC Course Title||PDC Course Language||Hours|
|CRS-N-0047590||Telling the Story of the Hainanese (Chinese) in Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0047589||Telling the Serangoon Road Story to Visitors||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0047381||Buildings Tell Stories in Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0046235||Conducting Battlefield Tours – Northwestern & Southern Route||English||7|
|CRS-N-0046234||International Sports Events Tourism||English||7|
|CRS-N-0046233||Telling the Jurong Story to Visitors||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0045383||Being Prepared In The Face of Terrorism – A Tourism Perspective||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0043872||How To Guide Effectively – Peranakan Museum||English||7|
|CRS-N-0043828||Knowing Our ABC Water Features and NEWater Story||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0043053||Guiding Skills in Art Gallery & Museum||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040757||The Hidden Face of Tiong Bahru||English||7|
|CRS-N-0040452||The Geomancy Elements hidden in Singapore Skyscrapers||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040368||Law and Order - The Judiciary System & Border Security of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0040325||Beneath the Golden Veil – The Building History Tours of National Gallery Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035440||Singapore Botanic Gardens: Social & Cultural Landscape||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035439||Exploring Peranakan Culture||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035400||Port of Singapore||English||华文||7|
|CRS-N-0035326||Development of Housing in Singapore||华文||7|
Terms for Funding
- Trainee MUST achieve at least 75% of the training hours
- Trainee MUST pass the assessments
- Trainee MUST provide their required information in below forms accurately. In the event information provided are incorrect resulting in STGS unable to claim, STGS reserve the rights to pursue the unclaimed amount from the trainee.
- Trainee MUST provide copy of their NRIC (front page) and WTS letter* (if applicable) to STGS for verification purpose
- Company sponsored Singaporean/PR (payment must be by company cheque) are eligible for absentee payroll **
- No refund allowed 7 days prior to course start date
- Trainees who fail to show up during course start date without valid reason (taking last-minute job cannot be consider) shall not be allow to change date or PDC and amount paid shall be forfeited
- Information & documents collected are meant for use for application of SSG funding & processing of STB PDC submission only.
- STGS reserved the rights to cancel, postpone or amend the date and time of the PDC delivery.
Please visit http://www.ssg.gov.sg/programmes-and-initiatives/training-grants/self-sponsored-training-for-individuals.html for info about SkillsFuture SG (SSG) funding
* Visit https://www.workfare.gov.sg/Pages/WTSSelfEmployed.aspx for info about Workfare Training Support (WTS) & check if you qualify for WTS.
** Visit https://www.skillsconnect.gov.sg/web/guest/AP to know more about absentee payroll.